Quick Search


What are the required documents to apply?

  • CV
  • GMC registration
  • Proof of Identification like passport
  • Immunization Records Status and proof of immunity
  • CRB and police check
  • Two passport size photos
  • Academic qualification certificates
  • Life support and Mandatory training certificates

How do I get license of practice in UK?

Our foreign candidates need to get registration with General Medical Council (GMC) UK. GMC is the body which keeps record of all the doctors with license of practice, regulates doctors to ensure good medical practice and decides whether the doctors are allowed to see patient or not.

GMC issues the license of practice which is the foremost requirement to work with authenticity. Further information on GMC registration can be found here:


How many hours a week can I work as locum?

Full time locum doctors can work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Ispecialist also offers out of hours of work like evening and weekend duties. There may be on-call duties to compliment the standard hours.

What are the provisions for working hours?

  • Working hour limits are to be followed as indicated the Government of UK.
  • You can grab more information here: https://www.gov.uk/browse/working/contract-working-hours

How do I get paid?

We pay on a weekly payroll basis.

Our candidates should complete a timesheet and forward the timesheet to us with names of the both candidates and clients printed clearly, statement of work hours including break hour information and inclusion of an authorized signatory of the client.

What is HMRC?

  • http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/
  • HMRC is a government organization which is responsible for taxation and for making sure fund is available for public services.
  • HMRC is the UK tax authority.

What about tax and national insurance?

  • Income Tax: Income tax is deducted from your wages as according to the tax code.
  • You can receive info about taxation here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/index.htm
  • National Insurance: National insurance is certain amount of money deducted from your wages which is contributed to qualify for certain benefits including the State Pension.
  • You can receive more information about National Insurance here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/index.htm
Register With Us